- Weekly DarkSpace
05/18/24 +1.4 Days
- Towel Day
05/25/24 +7.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Cheif Marshals
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Cheif Marshals
Lux (Polaris)
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-07-11 22:56   
I really don't like this idea. If you really want a ship for Grand Marshal it'd be alright if it were just bigger and outfitted with more weapons and armor; but have glaring weaknesses, mainly in its JD recharge and engine speed and thrust.

Even then I don't really like the idea of adding a unique ship for CM's; indeed, I feel like the rank of Marshal and Chief Marshal are completely unecessary and are indeed there soley for bragging rights. Besides, what happens when eventually more and more people are CM's and all flying around in their special ships? It seems like the one you're proposing is like a station that can move around quickly, but with more weapons and armor.

Loyal Admiral of the Interstellar Cultural Confederation Navy.
Senior Commander of the Raven Warriors, the ICC elite.
Captain of the Assault Dreadnaught \"Gungnir\"

Email Lux (Polaris)
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-11 23:16   
Quote:

On 2010-07-11 21:56, SpaceAdmiral wrote:

then tell me, when alot of people finally reach marshal/chief marshal,
whats the solution then? its all a cycle, make big ships require bigger ranks, when they reach that rank make it bigger
call me a ugto station spammer, i dont care, but thell me a solution first
one that doesnt just delay the problem

P.S. If you make small ships more appealing, like torp dessies, the problem is fixed better than moving rank requirements
also, by moving station rank station spam can happen again in the future, while making smaller ships more appealing eliminates station spam better

You do have a valid point.
It's all a matter of time.

There're various way to plug this problem.

Ships and Rank
- Move stations up to M, CM

Make smaller ships more powerful
- Change the small ship loadouts (less beams, more ranged projectiles)
- Eliminate weapons levelling

Impose conditions which make dreads/stations more rare or expensive
- Increase pres loss?
- Tie their launch to faction resources?
(Recently planetary/SY resource cost was too harsh... but now it's back to square one)
- Hard capped Class limits?
- Variable Class limits based on faction's resource? (I suggested to tie the ability to launch them based on overall faction resource in each server instead)

Of course dread station spammers will QQ about it. A couple may leave.
But I say, if out of a hundred, 10 wants to leave and 90 ppl are happy, then let the 10 leave.

Great Budda
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-11 23:26   
Quote:

On 2010-07-11 21:56, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
oh so i have a classic UGTO response?
then tell me, when alot of people finally reach marshal/chief marshal,
whats the solution then? its all a cycle, make big ships require bigger ranks, when they reach that rank make it bigger
call me a ugto station spammer, i dont care, but thell me a solution first
one that doesnt just delay the problem

P.S. If you make small ships more appealing, like torp dessies, the problem is fixed better than moving rank requirements
also, by moving station rank station spam can happen again in the future, while making smaller ships more appealing eliminates station spam better

And I counter with:

Quote:

On 2010-07-11 21:12, Great Budda wrote:
We all know that everyone will rank up in time so I don't see that as a concern because by the time they have to add additional ranks there will be a completely new set of problems I'm sure. And it's not like we would leave FA/GA's twisting in the wind with additional dreads added to the lineup.

Right now Marshal and Chief Marshal are only bragging rights with no real tangible benefits. The grouse is since there are no tangible benefits why try to reach Marshal at all? You are correct the eventually, given time, there will be an abundance of Marshals and Chief Marshals which would put us back to where we are now or at lest something similar. But by that time the game mechanics can be completely different. The rules change and improvements are made which will alter the course of the game. That being said the ranks as they are now could be completely replaced at some time in the future. There is no end all solution to any glaring issue.... as with any good game it's always work in progress.

Now you asked "What is the solution" and that I cannot answer because I can only express my opinion. What will happen in the future I cannot say. I know I enjoy DarkSpace and will continue to do so. From my vantage point my suggestion would achieve the following goals:

1: Lower the number of stations getting deployed because there are not that many Marshals/ Chief Marshals.... yet.
2: Give something tangible to those currently for the rank of Marshal/ Chief Marshal.
3: Give those between Admiral and Grand Admiral something to look forward to beyond the Admiral command structure.

And it would do so with the least intrusive time and resource utilization from the Development Team since 90% of my suggestion is parameter changes and 10% new content (new dread additions). If implemented they could even decide to slide the scale either way to add additional ships with additional abilities.

I believe that adding new ship types or over powering smaller ships is not the answer. DarkSpace already has a decent framework for ship ability vs rank. Why not just expand it to fill the ranks currently available and wait to see what the future brings us?

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-12 00:32   
Quote:

On 2010-07-11 23:16, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

- Increase pres loss?
(Recently planetary/SY resource cost was too harsh... but now it's back to square one)
- Variable Class limits based on faction's resource? (I suggested to tie the ability to launch them based on overall faction resource in each server instead)

i'm game for all of this bar hard capping how many of each ship there can be out at ant one time. if someone want to take the risk to use a big ship there should be nothing that stops him/her, there just needs to be an adequate risk involved that curently isnt present at all.

For me personally it isnt so much that ppl fly in fleets of dreads or stations, whats making it silly is that they when they die, they imediately bring another station or dread, and then another, and another, and another, and STILL end up gaining alot more pres then they lost, and that just isnt the way it should work.

so really devs, put your money where your mouth is and MAKE cruisers the main part of a fleet like it says in the ship description.

Siginau
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-12 01:23   
i agree make loosing a station substract 5000 pres and losing a dread 1500 pres should make em more valuable to keep.

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-07-12 01:23   
Quote:

On 2010-07-12 00:32, Jar Jar Binks wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-07-11 23:16, Kenny_Naboo wrote:

- Increase pres loss?

i'm game for all of this bar hard capping how many of each ship there can be out at ant one time. if someone want to take the risk to use a big ship there should be nothing that stops him/her, there just needs to be an adequate risk involved that curently isnt present at all.

For me personally it isnt so much that ppl fly in fleets of dreads or stations, whats making it silly is that they when they die, they imediately bring another station or dread, and then another, and another, and another, and STILL end up gaining alot more pres then they lost, and that just isnt the way it should work.

so really devs, put your money where your mouth is and MAKE cruisers the main part of a fleet like it says in the ship description.

If cruisers would be the main part of a fleet i would like to play Kluth and u UGTO or icc and see whos winning.

Email *Flash*
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-12 02:37   
Quote:

On 2010-07-12 01:23, Flash{Invaded Craiova} wrote:

If cruisers would be the main part of a fleet i would like to play Kluth and u UGTO or icc and see whos winning.

The game might very well skew towards ICC, as they have the most useful cruisers around.

The UGTO's best cruiser is the Torp cruiser. Next to that, the BC can hold its own.

Let's look at Kluth cruisers.

- Piercer.... Interdictor
- Clavate ... bomber
These 2 are out as they're not combat.

- The Parasite is a joke. Power hungry, no endurance.

- Scarab, modded properly, this is the cruiser that poses a threat
- Scale, heavy firepower, still lacking in armor. Won't stand against a UGTO torp cruiser in a knife fight.

Shath
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-12 04:30   
Quote:

On 2010-07-10 19:14, Eledore Massis [R33] wrote:
There is no work being done to add new ships for the Marshal or Chief Marshal rank..

But i think in the past we made some attempts.
Here a link to a Marshal Ship RTV Class "Odysseus"...

that might even be an uglier ship than the 1s us lobstas hav

Glaceon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-12 08:12   
Quote:

On 2010-07-10 21:15, Lithium wrote:
How about Mining Station?
30 cargo spaces with 10 mining beams!

good idea lol armor of extractor also!

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2010-07-12 08:42   
Quote:

On 2010-07-12 02:37, Kenny_Naboo wrote:
Quote:

The game might very well skew towards ICC, as they have the most useful cruisers around.

The UGTO's best cruiser is the Torp cruiser. Next to that, the BC can hold its own.

- Clavate ... bomber

- Scale, heavy firepower, still lacking in armor. Won't stand against a UGTO torp cruiser in a knife fight.

3 words...
HIT AND RUN.............................not supposed to stick around...decloak..alpha..cloak....not this hit hit hit hit crap we have now.kluth are no longer a hit and run faction.they run/hide only if they want to.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-12 10:24   
Quote:

On 2010-07-12 08:42, Fatal Command (CO) wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-07-12 02:37, Kenny_Naboo wrote:
Quote:

- Clavate ... bomber

3 words...
HIT AND RUN.............................not supposed to stick around...decloak..alpha..cloak....not this hit hit hit hit crap we have now.kluth are no longer a hit and run faction.they run/hide only if they want to.

However I do agree with a scarab i can kill any ugto ship below station. But this isnt valid for ICC. You see kluth cruisers are power hungry and they cant keep up against icc. When we cloak and sit/slow down a bit to recover energy , i see icc cruiser recovers almost same amount of shields while i am recovering energy. I can say ugto cruisers are out of league while icc and kluths cruisers are tied.

Great Budda
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-12 15:19   
But how does cruiser effectiveness apply to Chief Marshals not having anything befitting their rank?

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-07-12 15:39   
Quote:

On 2010-07-10 15:40, .MaGoo. wrote:
I am not close to the rank . But ive been thinking (and im sure many ppl have also) Why not make a Chief Marshal Ship? In EVE, there is the Titan, with its godly doomsday wepon. Once you hit GA, theres not much need to rank up anymore besides for braging rights. With the new recource rq for just getting ships out (which i kinda like) they wouldnt crowd the game that much. I think only home planets would be able too make them, and you could only undock them from terrans. It would be cool to put some special wepon on them that could near-instapop a dread.(like bring it down to 20% hull) Its other wepons would also rival a station. It would add a new tactical advantage to the game since only a small amount of players have acces to them. (and then would have to get one off a recource rich home planet.)The doom wepon should also only be able to fire in one direction, making it usefull only against dreds and up(other small ones too if you could get one in its teeny arc.)

Discusion Welcome

TL;DR.

what, now?

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Da-Fort 357/55-89
Admiral

Posted: 2010-07-12 18:57   
Make it a tank with the weapons being a bit more powerfull then a station with no repair drones... aaaaand a spawnlimit of 1 on each side.

Not many people can get one and it's not so usefull.
Except for taking out planets with only a couple of noobs defending.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-07-12 20:26   
Quote:

On 2010-07-10 19:14, Eledore Massis [R33] wrote:
There is no work being done to add new ships for the Marshal or Chief Marshal rank..

But i think in the past we made some attempts.
Here a link to a Marshal Ship RTV Class "Odysseus"...

i was expecting this link to be a rick roll.

Email Borgie
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022970 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR