- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » DarkSpace Events » » [Contest] Create-An-Elite
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author [Contest] Create-An-Elite
Redneck Rebel
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-07 00:41   
Faction: Ugto

Name: Wytec Dillanger

Vessel Type: Assault Corvette

Behavior: Aggressive until armor % has reached zero then flees.

Biography: Trained in advanced tactical combat with the Assault Corvette Wytec is an ace pilot that has modified his simple Assault Corvette into a smaller model destroyer.

Enhancements Equipped:
Improved Engine Booster
Improved Maneuvering Jets
Improved Beam Accelerator
Standard Beam Condenser
Improved Defense Upgrade
Advanced Weapon Multiplexer
Forest Green Exhaust

Drop List:
Improved Engine Booster
Improved Maneuvering Jets
Improved Beam Accelerator
Standard Beam Condenser
Improved Defense Upgrade

*Very Rare Drop*
Forest Green Exhaust

YEEEEEEHAAW!

Mersenne Twister
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-07 09:44   
7 days up, 7 days remaining here. a quick glance over the entries shows that while there are some very nice entries, there is also a decided lack of reading the directions.

this would be a good point for some of you (you know who you are) to review the contest rules (as open-ended as they are) and adjust your submissions accordingly

I wouldn't screw with it if I were you. The doctor already holds you in poor favor. Messing with this might really fry his shorts.

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2010-04-07 11:07   
Faction: Gaifen
Name: Shigernafy's Doomspawn of Love
Biography: Born from the vile disgusting underbelly of Shigernafy, this gentle giant man killer has only one goal. To love you. To Death.
Drop List: Dark Blue Exhaust, Benchford Buish Ship Protector, Privateer's Beam Polarization.
Vessel Type: Gaifen, preferrably big and blue.
Role: What does a Gaifen do?

[ This Message was edited by: Crim {Pants?} on 2010-04-07 11:08 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-04-12 10:05   
A reminder that you have one day remaining until deadline.

Get your elites in!

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-12 11:28   
1. Faction: UGTO

2. Rank: Admiral

3. Name: Mark Aquila

4. Biography:His family Followed the military line for a Century, His father, now Deceased, was a Great war hero known to all of the UGTO Military and feared amongst ICC. Mark follow his footsteps to become a Successful Ship captain.Today Admiral, He remains in command of a refitted Torpedo cruiser due to its speed and firepower

5. Drop List: All level of Weapon Multiplexers

6. Ship: UGTO Torpedo cruiser
Refitted the Flux beam and torpedoes into 3 QST launchers,(if possible)

[ This Message was edited by: Zero28 on 2010-04-13 11:19 ]
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Chatting in 'DarkSpace English'

Posted: 2010-04-12 13:36   
Faction: UGTO

Name: Phillip DarkWingz

Ship: EAD

Bio:

Phillip DarkWingz was a poet and a farmer who witnessed his family in the wrong place and time slain in the middle of a skirmish while his planet was attacked by ICC He swore from that day to fight to the death to destroy any and every ICC ship he could.

Drops:

DarkWingz Weapon Booster
DarkWingz Weapon Augmentation
DarkWingz Beam Booster:
+4% increased range
+4% increased damage
-4% decreased energy usage

Faction: K'luth

Name: k'nuaktoo Foawkan

Ship: Siphon

Rank Grand Admiral

Bio:

k'nuaktoo Foawkan is the most sadistic pilot of the k'luth fleet. not male or female, a defect from birth made it resent all who stood in its way. held back a joint ICC / UGTO invasion alone while the rest of the k'luth fleet was engaging the MI.
when the fleet returned to help there was not much left to do. the ships hull is covered with the blood and bones of its enemy. and extra Elf beams help maintain power while attacking... all while taking power from enemy ships. can fire while cloaked and returns to cloaked status when weapons are recharged. very hard to see.

Drops:

DarkWingz Weapon Booster
DarkWingz Beam Booster:
+4% increased range
+4% increased damage

Faction: ICC

Name: Xin Xanu

Ship: Assault Dread

Bio:

Xin Xanu is an ex infantry soldier who ranked up due to his fierce combat strategy and precise planning. every engagement is perfect and his shields almost never run low.

Drops:

DarkWingz Weapon Booster
DarkWingz Beam Booster:
+4% increased range
+4% increased damage

Email ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-12 18:04   
Mine is actually a pair of Elites that adds a depth to the universe (more going on than just what WE are doing).

1st Guy:

Name: Captain Ahab
Ship: Pirate Faction, Destroyer
Extras: Cruiser level armor/shield/hull HP. 25% faster than normal destroyers. 30% more firepower than a normal pirate destroyer.

Drops: I am not overly familiar with this new upgrade system, but pick something nice that would make sense to find on his ship. Not a great drop, but a nice one.

Image:

Description: Captain Ahab is perpetually on the hunt for the White Whale (2nd Elite of this pair) that destroyed his transport tug. He narrowly escaped his ship before its destruction in a personal space suit, normally used for maintenance and repairs of the ship's hull. After the ship was destroyed, the White Whale circled around and bit off his leg. He managed to tie off the open end of his space suit before dying of exposure, but lost a lot of blood. He drifted in space for 4 hours, nearly bleeding to death, before being found by an ICC smuggler. The heavy ECM use of the smuggler prevented them detecting him via sensors, but fortunately, they happened to pass very near him on the way to scavenge the ship wreck, and someone saw him out a window on the port side of the vessel.

He recovers in an ICC medical facility, hidden in a crater on the contested moon of Wecamp in the Luyten system. After his rehabilitation, he is offered a command of a ICC cruiser and a military rank to fight against the UGTO. He rejects the offer and disappears for several months, until he is spotted piloting a make-shift pirate vessel in void space between systems.

He is not hostile to anyone, unless you open fire on him, and welcomes any help in his quest to kill the White Whale that took his leg. However, the slightest damage of friendly fire, cross-fire, or splash damage, and his rage consumes him. He will turn his fire on you and destroy you before returning to the hunt of the White Whale.

----------------------------------------------------------------

2nd Guy:

Name: White Whale
Ship: Gaifen (make it white and larger than a normal gaifen if you can).
Extras: HP on the order of about a Mir Cruiser. Fast and aggressive.

Drops: White Gaifen Skin (15% bonus to armor HP on Fore arc).

Image:

Description: The White Whale is a genetic abnormality among gaifens. It is stronger and faster than normal gaifens, coupled with an agressive disposition. His white skin makes him very photosensitive, so he always stays in void space and preys on smuggler ships that happen by. You will never find him out near a planet or within the orbital ring of a system's outer-most planet.

He kills anything on sight, but has a reasonable survival instinct. This means he will run away (and even long jump away) from a fight against a dread/station or large fleet of ships. He will stay and fight against a fleet of 10pts or less (where a scout is 1pt, frigate is 2pts, dessie is 3 pts and cruisers are 4 pts. Supply ships count as 3pts and transports are 1 point since you cant drop troops on a gaifen). Any ship larger than a cruiser will make it long jump back out into the void and the hunt begins all over again. A point total of more than 10 within 6000gu of him will make him flee as well. This point total does not include Ahab's ship, but will include Mir ships or any other AI ships that happen by. AI supply ships should not come to a player's aide (if this is possible), but otherwise will not count in the fleet-size point count (they arent that useful anyway).

When/if the White Whale is killed, he respawns at some random location in void space, somewhat around Luyten, and Ahab can begin again. If Ahab makes the final blow, everyone in the fleet gets some medium-level enhancement as well as the Gaifen Slayer Medal (worth 500 pres, only received once of course).

----------------------------------------------------

Operation: The White Whale wanders around in the void, some distance from Luyten. Captain Ahab appears at Ihzack. From there, he makes short 20-25k gu jumps every couple minutes, zig-zagging his way to the White Whale. If no players are present, they engage in battle and he dies. He then respawns some time later at Ihzack and begins again.

If the White Whale is made to flee, he returns to Ihzack for repairs and then begins the hunt again. With player assistance, he can be a valuable helper in the fight to kill the White Whale, but accidentaly friendly fire to him will result in him becoming a real liability to your ability to stay in the fight.

The idea is that you have to use jump tracking to follow Ahab as a means of finding the White Whale, and then carefully (or screw Ahab and go willy nilly) kill the White Whale, using small ships and teamwork. I want this to be difficult for veterans, but still be something new players can do and participate in. It is almost like a prototype 'mission' for the mission system.

Note: Cloaked ships are counted in the ship point total that can cause the gaifen to flee. We can say the gaifen can 'sense' the ship with special gaifen organs. No sneaky sneaky giant fleets against the White Whale.

[ This Message was edited by: Kanman [R33] on 2010-04-12 18:16 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Kanman [R33] on 2010-04-20 19:47 ]

Mersenne Twister
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-13 20:09   
we've extended the contest deadline by one week to the 21st.

I wouldn't screw with it if I were you. The doctor already holds you in poor favor. Messing with this might really fry his shorts.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-14 19:38   
How do you guys feel about entries that are outside-the-box and might require AI or something that currently doesn't exist? All my ideas are a little beyond the norm, because I like the idea of elites doing more than simply dogfighting in that awful AI way.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-15 09:23   
I can't speak for everyone but I'd say:

- We're happy to hear the idea
but it is much less likely to be implemented than just a stupid AI fighter

and I'd also say you should feel free to also suggest 3 other elites who are stupid AI fighters. (This goes for the Ahab/Gaifen pair as well - interesting, and unique, but barring custom AI programming time, not super likely, so feel free to not count those against your limit)

Also, I'll go ahead and share that no elite named Joe Stupid is going to make it into the game. Or ScoutALot. Or Wehadababyitsabug. And we're not going to add an enhancement to give control of the MI (especially since that's not even possible).

Not that that disqualifies the entries entirely, but the end result may not be very recognizable if we take some portion of that suggestion...

Email Shigernafy
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-04-15 10:26   
Name: Latrodectus "Black Widow" hesperus.
Faction : Kluth
Ship : Scarab
Class : Super RARE to be seen.

There is nothing else she can lose in her life after what UGTO forces did to Okag. Now she lives for the revenge. People named her as black widow for the way she uses to lay mines. Mostly found in BD ,Luyten and R33. - Dont engage her if you dont carry any scanner devices-. Also cant be dictored.

Ship devices : Normal scarab layout except 3 more mine slots and 3 more ecm.Upgraded with 8 Advanced weapon multiplexers.

Drops : 10% thari ,90% Advanced weapon multiplexers.

[ This Message was edited by: Pakhos on 2010-04-15 17:15 ]

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-15 17:03   
Second elite, il bring the glory to ICC's newest ship

1. Faction: ICC

2. Rank: Vice Admiral

3. Name: Alissa Angel

4. Biography: An Ex Ace fighter pilot, Alissa was transfered Command of the Newly ICC Mk7 Carrier Cruiser, SHe would then know what it feels to see Her pilots go on the battle and watch from the confort of her Captain's chair. Her main order was to put the ship into test and recommand any change its its loadout

5. Drop List: Red hot engine
All level of defense power

6. Ship: ICC MK7 Carrier Cruiser
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-04-20 15:14   
Name: Hans Joseph Kreiger

Born in 2216, the current oldest field admiral in service. His most notorious statement ever: "ICC or Pirates, i can't control them. So don't blame me if i am forced to shoot them."
(181 char)

Enhancements:
1 Enhanced Weapons multiplexer
1 Limited Beam Cooler
2 Minor Maneuvering Jets
1 Advanced Defence Upgrade
1 Enhanced Defence Power
- --
6 Total

Ship: UGTO Agincourt class Fleet Carrier
Role: Fighter spammer, Medium Range
Picture:

Name Luke Metz

Relative Unknown to the public, But known to almost all UGTO corporation Board members. Luke Metz is a major Operator of Rear line construction and fortification.
(162 char)

Enhancements:
3 Upgraded Build Computer
1 Dark Blue Exhaust
1 Enhanced Defence Power
1 Advanced Beam Accelerator
1 Standard Beam Cooler
- --
7 Total

Ship: UGTO Heavy Supply
Role: Platform placer, Gate area's & Mining
Picture:

Faction: ICC
Name: Holdin, Natsumi (Asian format so "Holdin" is the surname)

Ex UGTO corporate citizen. Once a excellent intelligence officer, Natsumi Holdin requested transfer to a Navy ship to get away from it all. She hopes to one day return to Worf 148 as a free citizen.
(198 char)

Enhancements:
1 Minor Beam Accelerator
2 Enhanced Weapon Multiplexer
1 Enhanced Defence Power
1 Advanced Defence Upgrade
1 Limited Maneuvering Jets
- --
6 Total

Ship: ICC Missile Destroyer
Role: Missile spammer, Long range
Picture:

[ This Message was edited by: Eledore Massis [R33] on 2010-04-20 15:28 ]

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-20 18:58   
# Faction: ICC

# Rank: 1st Rear Admiral

# Name: Daniel Laker

# Biography:
An experienced 1st Rear Admiral. Despite numerous offers for promotion, he's declined all of them. Famous among graduates from military academy.

# Drop List:
Benchford Buish Ship Protector
Enhanced Engine Tuner
Enhanced Defense Power
Enhanced Defense Upgrade

# Vessel Type -OR- Role:
ICC Mark7 Carrier Cruiser/ICC Border Cruiser/ICC Heavy Cruiser
Intended role: Fleet Support - any of the three will work. Preferred Carrier Cruiser, but if he's meant to be actually competent in the battlefield, obviously Heavy Cruiser.

# Publicity Photo: Not available.

----------------======

# Faction: UGTO

# Rank: Vice Admiral

# Name: Jonathan Lee

# Biography:
Known as a brutish and rude man. Many of his crew dislike him for treating them as "dogs", as he puts it. A man who believes his crew exists to serve him.

# Drop List:
Advanced Beam Multiplexer
Enhanced Beam Multiplexer
Limited Beam Accelerator
Limited Beam Accelerator

# Vessel Type -OR- Role:
UGTO ST-something Torpedo Cruiser
Intended role: Get into the thick of battle, mash spacebar and pray for victory.

----------------======

# Faction: ICC

# Rank: Admiral

# Name: Erica Tesla

# Biography:
A young graduate from military academy. Although inexperienced, she had high marks in the academy and is an able ship captain. She loves Mycopia.

# Drop List:
Enhanced Weapon Multiplexer
Improved Weapon Multiplexer
Dark Blue Exhaust
Energy Recharger MKI

# Vessel Type -OR- Role:
ICC Combat Dreadnought/ICC Command Carrier
Intended role: Fleet Support - except the Command Carrier sucks combat-wise. Preferred intended ship, but the Combat Dreadnought works as well.

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-04-20 21:26   
faction: ugto

name: john entara

john smart join the officer school at the age of 18 and finished with a silver award a able commander he has the tendence to fly his ship against dreads even tho he may not win how ever he knows when to run.

drop list:
Forest Green Exhaust
Advanced Defense Upgrade
Advanced Defense Power
Enhanced Maneuvering Jets
Upgraded Build Computer (if allowed)
Magnetron Shield MkIII (if allowed)
Advanced Beam Multiplexer

ship type: torp cruiser (moderfide if allowed)

role: all out assault

photo: i will try to make one if i can but lets just say stick figure is all i can do other wise i will find one
*edit* sadly the photo i wanted has been removed so i can't supply one sadly

[ This Message was edited by: jackbob on 2010-04-20 21:33 ]

[ This Message was edited by: jackbob on 2010-04-20 21:58 ]

[ This Message was edited by: jackbob on 2010-04-20 22:00 ]

faction: icc

name: kardean astaro

bio: kardean astaro was considering a medical life when a kluth fleet destroyed his home planet and everything he held dear he vowed for revenge. he signed up to the officer school and was noted he had a real hate for kluth and ugto. he is now seen flying a heavy cruiser

drop list:
Standard Weapon Cooler
Advanced Defense Power
Enhanced Maneuvering Jets
Improved Defense Upgrade
Upgraded Build Computer (if allowed)
Magnetron Shield MkIII (if allowed)
Improved Beam Multiplexer

ship type: heavy cruiser (moderfide if allowed)
role: general purpose combat ship

photo: photo bucket lost my achive of photos so yeah no photo sadly
[ This Message was edited by: jackbob on 2010-04-20 22:10 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.026405 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR