No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +4.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - James Bum007

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » DarkSpace Events » » [Event]DarkSpace Grand Tournament - Day two results
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author [Event]DarkSpace Grand Tournament - Day two results
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-26 20:27   

[ the final match has been delayed until further notice ]

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-26 20:36   
Who will take it all? My money goes to Pakhos.

Email Sens [R33]
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-26 20:37   
Quote:

On 2009-04-26 20:36, Paradigm wrote:
Who will take it all? My money goes to Pakhos.

Actually Pakhos dropped from the tournament and Llama Pajamas takes his place by default.

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-04-26 20:51   
hmm, nearly all Kluth. i see a trend growing.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-26 20:52   
He didn't publicly remove himself after you retracted the DQ, which technically means his position is unknown, seeing as he has not replied.(correct me if I'm wrong)

*You mispelled "his" as is
[ This Message was edited by: Paradigm on 2009-04-26 20:53 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Paradigm on 2009-04-26 20:57 ]

Email Sens [R33]
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-26 20:58   
Quote:

On 2009-04-26 20:52, Paradigm wrote:
He didn't publicly remove himself after you retracted the DQ, which technically means his position is unknown, seeing as he has not replied.(correct me if I'm wrong)

*You mispelled "his" as is
[ This Message was edited by: Paradigm on 2009-04-26 20:53 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Paradigm on 2009-04-26 20:57 ]

Well I have what he said, Can't quote it it's against the RoC but he said (I quit your _ event)

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-26 21:22   
before you retracted the dq... was there when he said it, but he may have changed his mind.

Email Sens [R33]
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-26 22:15   
Quote:

On 2009-04-26 21:22, Paradigm wrote:
before you retracted the dq... was there when he said it, but he may have changed his mind.

pretty sure he would have shown up today if he did, but sure, I guess it is open to him if he wants to come back - I have my doubts though he seemed pretty solid with his dicision

jedi42
Grand Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2009-04-26 23:47   
Sorry about having to drop out of the tournament. Without going into too much detail, I had a family member that needed some urgent help and I had to go out of town over the weekend to help them.

Anyhow, looks like Llama Pajama didn't mind having my spot.

Good work.

jedi42, darkjedi42, [drunk], hoid o' toitles, evil, rum, cl2k drainer, gdi, {C?}, hive teets, fusion mating, perfect cloud formation, death star, point jump, tractor scout, torp det, def cluster, cloaked elf

Captain LlamaPajamas
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-27 16:16   
Thank you for providing me the opportunity, JBud and Dj42; I will do good in your place Dj

Email Captain LlamaPajamas
Spacie
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-04-28 13:10   
Um, ye, Pakhos may have said what he did about quitting but my question is this...

When Pakhos planted the mines, the match hadn't officially started, was told he was disqualified, then the desicion was changed and he was allowed to continue, providing he cleared up the mines before the match started.

Pakhos did clean up all of his mines and the fight went on as it should have. Pakhos was numerously called a cheater after this, but seeing as there was no intereferance in the match from the time the match began (when JBud says GO) and the time the match ended (When Llama was defeated) there is no cheating. He may have pushed his luck a little, he may have not understood the rules clearly as they did not say anything about planting mines, and seeing as planting mines is a tactic employed by K'luth ships, thought it was ok to do so. But this all happened before the match started, and as such he did not cheat. So when Pakhos was allowed to fight as planned and won the fight, why was the whole fiasco about the mines and "cheating" mentioned afterwards? Why is it that this was allowed to be discussed in such a heated manner, also involving JBud. It looked very much to me like Pakhos was provoked into "quitting" the tournament because he was set upon visciously. The match was fought fairly, and Pakhos won the fight fairly. Why was the problem before the fight even brought up? JBud, if you didn't like your decision to turn the disqualification around to allow him to fight, then you shouldn't have done it, but you did. As event leader you should stick to your decisions and let it lie. Don't provoke people afterwards so that he can leave because he is angry at being attacked and then promote your friend to the final round (who was using your account JBud which I think in itself is very questionable).

So in short, when you cancelled the original disqualification of Pakhos to allow him to fight and win fairly, why did you and two others (I could mention names but I think it's obvious to everyone) then have a go at Pakhos afterwards, provoking him into "quitting"? Is this really what we want from our event leaders?

Sorry if I;ve caused any offence, I just say things as I see them.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-28 19:11   
Provoking into quitting? I was there (well, most of the time -- I came in late, so I was unclear about some of the details and actually probably hurt the situation, I'm sad to say) and I didn't get the sense that it was done so that he would get fed up and quit. My impression was that people were talking about the disqualification (which was retracted) and the pre-mining, and talking about pre-mining as cheating. This spun into Pakhos being a cheater. I think in a few cases (a couple peanut-gallery types) people didn't know what they were talking about... they were assuming he won because of the mines, which wasn't the case. That was my initial impression.

In my opinion, it was a discussion of the competition that went horribly wrong. There was some stupidity involved - including my own - in continuing to talk about it and accusing Pakhos of trying to cheat, rather than just playing around or doing something without realizing it was against the rules. Llama and JBud and I all should have said "but no matter, it didn't have an effect and the disqualification was revoked, lets move on"... but none of us did.

I don't think it was a grand conspiracy to have Llama play instead. And honestly, if Pakhos wants to compete against Guapo, I think it would be a good fight and I'm happy to support a prize for it.

I'm not trying to excuse anyone, because a lot of people did stupid things. But especially in-game, it can be difficult to keep track of what's going on and the job is surprisingly stressful -- even in my partial judging of the second day, I was having trouble with the invisible-ships bug, visibility of non-allied ships, watching to make sure no other players interfered, dealing with a near-constant stream of /target chat and private /sends, and having to judge things and make announcements. Plus, the integrity of the competition is riding on you, and the fun of everyone involved (which clearly is difficult, since three or four people seem to have come out of this event pissed off at a few others)... its a lot of things to juggle and try to get right. I wasn't perfect. JBud wasn't either. But there were some issues among competitors too, and spectators. Nobody's perfect, and no solution is ideal. I'm happy to have debate and discussion and suggestions and feedback... but anger and hate is, I think, a bit much.

Email Shigernafy
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-28 19:19   
Also, on the note of failing --

I know there's still a duel to be held (two, if Pakhos wants?), and I know that this is waiting on me getting the beta server working again.

However, and I mentioned this in chat a bit over the weekend, I'm having a hellacious week. I mentioned last week, which was also bad, that this week didn't look pleasant... turns out its worse than I expected. I have been working almost 11 hour days, which once you add on commute times, waking/showering/dressing/breakfast, and dinner means I have about 20 minutes of the day to actually veg out and relax before I have to go to bed again.

As I'm sure you can understand, the idea of spending those 20 minutes debugging server problems isn't my idea of a good or relaxing time. I need what little time I have to destress and relax, however briefly.

So I apologize for leaving you all in the lurch and letting the duelists down, but frankly life comes first, and its demanding too much of me at the moment to leave time for DarkSpace.

Email Shigernafy
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-28 19:29   
No worries Shig, they both know it probably won't be this week, and if it all comes down to it, this weekend if you don't fix it we can probably do your other suggestion - I will mention it to Llama and Guapo, and Pakhos (if he wants)

-EDIT- Llama doesn't agree with the suggestion
[ This Message was edited by: Dark JBud on 2009-04-28 19:34 ]

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-28 20:03   
Quote:

On 2009-04-28 19:11, Shigernafy wrote:
Provoking into quitting? I was there (well, most of the time -- I came in late, so I was unclear about some of the details and actually probably hurt the situation, I'm sad to say) and I didn't get the sense that it was done so that he would get fed up and quit. My impression was that people were talking about the disqualification (which was retracted) and the pre-mining, and talking about pre-mining as cheating. This spun into Pakhos being a cheater. I think in a few cases (a couple peanut-gallery types) people didn't know what they were talking about... they were assuming he won because of the mines, which wasn't the case. That was my initial impression.

There were about 5 or 6 solid lines of accusatory lines of lobby chat before pakhos got sick of it and said something along the lines of "fish this stuff, I'm sick of it, Jbud is a Ferret" and ragelogged. That being said, I could have swore you were logged on; but he quit after the event.

Email Sens [R33]
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.032931 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR