|A new update has been put online for DarkSpace. This update corrects a problem with some XP machines stalliing during the update process.|
|Just a reminder to all players....|
Stratics is hosting a DarkSpace chat on their IRC network at Febuary 22nd at 5:00pm CST. Visit chat.stratics.com for more information on the chat. Additionally, Stratics is holding a contest and giving away several blocks of free time in DarkSpace.
|Version 1.3 has been patched with ship cost limitations implemented. This means, players will need to capture, hold, and build up planets to access some of the larger ships such as the cruiser and dreadnaught.|
- All structures now have increased hull points, making them harder to destroy by bombing.
- All faction defense bases have been refitted with more missiles and beam weapons for point defense.
- The ICC dreadnaught now has railguns.
|Sherman Oaks, CA-February 18, 2002 - Psychosys Inc., working with independent game studio Palestar, is seeking international strategic partners for licensing the Massively Multiplayer Online Game DarkSpace (www.darkspace.net) for the PC, which has already been launched in association with Playnet in North America.|
About Palestar: Austin-based Palestar was founded back in 1999 by a small group of dedicated and talented industry professionals whose primary goal is to create fun and exciting games that are played online over the Internet. Palestar owns all rights, title and interests to its proprietary 3D engine called 'Medusa' (and its Resourcer) and to the product DarkSpace.
About Psychosys: Psychosys Inc. is a boutique firm based in Los Angeles, specializing in interactive entertainment consulting since 1999.
|Respawn UK has posted a great article about DarkSpace and its community. Click here to read the article.
|We have put up another major update to version 1.3, which fixes many problems.|
- Clients can now have an option to reconnect when disconnected from a game server.
- The K'Luth Cloaking now works differently to better balance combat between the K'Luth and other factions.
- Fighters have been optimized and the AI has been completely rewritten. The fighters now use much less CPU and cause virtually no in-game lag. Fighters have also been reconfigured to carry cannons instead of missiles.
- Cannons now fire multiple shots per use, making them a highly effective weapon at medium to long range.
- Armor strength has been increased by x1.5. Shield strength has been increase by x2
- The damage mangement system has been reworked to better handle the distribution of damage information to the clients. This was a major source of lag caused in major battles, which should mean a decrease in lag for everyone.
|Stratics is hosting a DarkSpace chat on their IRC network at Febuary 22nd at 5:00pm CST. Visit chat.stratics.com for more information on the chat. Additionally, Stratics is holding a contest and giving away several blocks of free time in DarkSpace.|
|FluxGames put online a interview with Richard Lyle of Palestar in their news section. You can read the interview by clicking here.|
|DarkSpace was featured on todays 'Extended Play' on the cable network channel TechTV. You can view the segment with DarkSpace online at their website by clicking here then selecting the link under 'Video Highlight' to watch the segment with your media player.
Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of