Welcome aboard Visitor...

Daily Screenshot

Server Costs Target


79% of target met.

Latest Topics

- Holly Cow Its alive!! »
- Getting our Player Base back »
- 01001000 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101111 »
- the mi type ships cheat »
- First Person view is possible in DS! »
- Latency Issues »
- missing dll. »
- what's with the ban? »
- 1.741 »
- Wow am i happy to see you guys!!! »

Development Blog

- Roadmap »
- Hello strangers, it’s been a while... »
- State of DarkSpace Development »
- Potential planetary interdictor changes! »
- The Silent Cartographer »
- Cloaking update... »
- Tools for tips »
- Fleet levels and more! »
- Game Mechanics Question and Answer Thread »
- Under Construction »

Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
Kills chart
Killboard

Upcoming Events

- Towel Day
05/25/19 +5.4 Days
- Weekly DarkSpace
05/25/19 +6.1 Days
- International Talk like a Pirate Day!
09/19/19 +122.4 Days

Search

 

Anniversaries

17th - Enterprise

Facebook & Twitter

Why not follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » 1.672
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author 1.672
Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy


Joined: March 19, 2005
Posts: 1127
From: UGTO MUNIN HQ, Mars
Posted: 2012-02-06 13:48   
Quote:

On 2012-02-06 12:31, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

Targetted ECCM is useless against Kluth once they cloak. You can't target them anymore and will wish you brought along a Longwave instead. In that case, the use and existence of focused ECCM will become a moot point.




Obviously. Let's assume I'm talking about uses of electronic warfare that are NOT related to cloaking for a minute.
_________________
[Darkspace Moderator] [Galactic Navy Fleet Officer]


Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black


Joined: January 11, 2010
Posts: 3821
From: LobsterTown
Posted: 2012-02-06 18:47   
Quote:

On 2012-02-06 13:48, Gejaheline wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-02-06 12:31, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

Targetted ECCM is useless against Kluth once they cloak. You can't target them anymore and will wish you brought along a Longwave instead. In that case, the use and existence of focused ECCM will become a moot point.




Obviously. Let's assume I'm talking about uses of electronic warfare that are NOT related to cloaking for a minute.




Thing is... Humans rarely need to use EW vs each other. EW was always directed against Kluth.


_________________
... in space, no one can hear you scream.....


Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy


Joined: March 19, 2005
Posts: 1127
From: UGTO MUNIN HQ, Mars
Posted: 2012-02-06 20:24   
Quote:

On 2012-02-06 18:47, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

Thing is... Humans rarely need to use EW vs each other. EW was always directed against Kluth.




I regularly see ICC stealth corvettes attacking people with impunity thanks to their untargetability.

Regardless, does it matter? I say "targeted ewar is useless because either everyone can see a target in which case you don't need ewar or nobody can see a target, in which case you can't use targeted ewar so it's useless" and you start saying "but with cloak, people are invisible so targeted ewar is useless!" which is what I'm trying to say.

If you think ewar is useless against human ships, that makes targeted ECCM doubly useless because you can't use it for its sole use.

So yeah, apparently arguing the same point for some reason.
_________________
[Darkspace Moderator] [Galactic Navy Fleet Officer]


Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black


Joined: January 11, 2010
Posts: 3821
From: LobsterTown
Posted: 2012-02-06 21:16   
Quote:

On 2012-02-06 20:24, Gejaheline wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-02-06 18:47, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

Thing is... Humans rarely need to use EW vs each other. EW was always directed against Kluth.




I regularly see ICC stealth corvettes attacking people with impunity thanks to their untargetability.

Regardless, does it matter? I say "targeted ewar is useless because either everyone can see a target in which case you don't need ewar or nobody can see a target, in which case you can't use targeted ewar so it's useless" and you start saying "but with cloak, people are invisible so targeted ewar is useless!" which is what I'm trying to say.

If you think ewar is useless against human ships, that makes targeted ECCM doubly useless because you can't use it for its sole use.

So yeah, apparently arguing the same point for some reason.




Good point. That's why the current "longwave" EW is probably the better way to go... or stay.

F did mention earlier that he prefers to keep the EW triad to ECCM, ECM and cloak. Yes, it's simple to understand but there're limited options if we stick to that.

There're many ways to play EW besides ECM and ECCM. For example, we have beacons (which somewhat act like ECCM projectiles) and scanners (which actually does what again? besides detecting planetary structures at range).

How about adding jammers? Jammers could be directed ECM? Since you can target a ship that's pulsing ECCM to reduce its overall effectiveness. In short, if you use a jammer on a sensor scout, you reduce his ECCM strength (if he's transmitting).

And perhaps changing Scanners to have a secondary function besides detecting planetary structures? Make Scanners = Directed ECCM? When you target a particular ship and use a Scanner on him, you raise his sig tremendously.

Oh yeah.. and make scanners and jammers use up heaps of energy.


Then give some of the EW ships enough slots to fit both types of devices.


Dunno about the algorithm or code that'll be needed though.





[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2012-02-06 22:13 ]
_________________
... in space, no one can hear you scream.....


Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights


Joined: May 11, 2010
Posts: 2039
From: Michigan
Posted: 2012-02-07 13:48   
Quote:

On 2012-02-06 20:24, Gejaheline wrote:

I regularly see ICC stealth corvettes attacking people with impunity thanks to their untargetability.




After the massive ECM nerf even Scouts can't hide themselves anymore unless they turn off shields and move at less than 10 speed.
_________________
Adapt or die.

Silent Threat { Vier }
Marshal
Anarchy's End


Joined: August 03, 2004
Posts: 278
From: Waiting...watching...
Posted: 2012-02-07 23:54   
Maybe someone can clear this up for me:

One of the reasons that discouraged us from playing was the crazy amount of damage that UGTO dreads and stations could soak up. They were taking many times the damage that an ICC ship of the same class would have been able to take.

Now the dev logs says:
- Standard and Ablative Armor HP reduced by 5% and 7.5% respectively.

but it also says all weapons minus missles and fighters are going to have their damaged nurfed by 10%

so now does that mean that overall UGTO will be able to soak up even more damage? And I see that reflective armor is not listed which of course is what causes K'luth the most problems.

Am I missing something here or are we going to have to fight UGTO with missles?
_________________


CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light


Joined: October 15, 2009
Posts: 1812
Posted: 2012-02-08 07:15   
yea, i LOLed about that one myself Vier.

- Ship trails are no longer visible past 500 gu. This was done to stop a exploit.

can this be 1000gu? Im rarely within 500gu of my target. I like seeing their trails too.
[ This Message was edited by: Defiance{CM7} on 2012-02-08 07:18 ]
_________________
Defiance and Opposition, a tribute to teamwork. I will remember always
339,144

Nightsabre
Marshal

Joined: February 21, 2005
Posts: 66
Posted: 2012-02-08 21:47   
I'm able to jump right through enemy planetary Interdictor fields in beta and not be stopped at all. Also jumping out of them works too.
_________________


BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy


Joined: March 23, 2003
Posts: 11180
From: Bristol, England
Posted: 2012-02-08 22:04   
Quote:

On 2012-02-08 21:47, Nightsabre wrote:
I'm able to jump right through enemy planetary Interdictor fields in beta and not be stopped at all. Also jumping out of them works too.



If the planet had no power, you would be able to do this.
_________________


  Goto the website of BackSlash
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black


Joined: January 11, 2010
Posts: 3821
From: LobsterTown
Posted: 2012-02-08 22:36   
Quote:

On 2012-02-08 22:04, BackSlash wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-02-08 21:47, Nightsabre wrote:
I'm able to jump right through enemy planetary Interdictor fields in beta and not be stopped at all. Also jumping out of them works too.



If the planet had no power, you would be able to do this.





But I tht that the dicos would go down (no red haze shown) once the power is out?


_________________
... in space, no one can hear you scream.....


Nightsabre
Marshal

Joined: February 21, 2005
Posts: 66
Posted: 2012-02-08 22:49   
Quote:

On 2012-02-08 22:04, BackSlash wrote:
If the planet had no power, you would be able to do this.



I checked on this. The planet was fully powered. Interdictor was fully online when I tried this.

I've tried this on all factions jumping through a cluster of planets all with interdictor bases and not once was I stopped.
[ This Message was edited by: Nightsabre on 2012-02-08 23:06 ]
_________________


DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Joined: March 23, 2010
Posts: 1187
Posted: 2012-02-09 05:54   
Right now, each beta update will grant the player 20 000 credit. However we have 8 ships in garrage, so we need at least (800*8) credit/ship * 8 ships = 51200 credit. May you increase the credit per update up to... 100 000, please?
_________________


Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse


Joined: October 10, 2009
Posts: 826
Posted: 2012-02-09 06:29   
Quote:

On 2012-02-09 05:54, chlorophyll wrote:
Right now, each beta update will grant the player 20 000 credit. However we have 8 ships in garrage, so we need at least (800*8) credit/ship * 8 ships = 51200 credit. May you increase the credit per update up to... 100 000, please?



you can use beta credit grant and enh upto 3 ships for 800*8*3=19'200 credits.

then, you can log off, then use beta credit grant again. your credits get reset to 20'000 again and you retain your enhancements in beta. use the credits to enh 3 more ships. use the beta grant 3 times so you can enh all your 8 ships.
_________________
Forging legends and lives outside till naught remains inside.


Blackjack [DBL]
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light


Joined: February 25, 2011
Posts: 344
From: The land of venomous reptiles.
Posted: 2012-02-09 07:37   
Quote:

On 2012-02-08 07:15, Defiance{CM7} wrote:

- Ship trails are no longer visible past 500 gu. This was done to stop aexploit.

can this be 1000gu? Im rarely within 500gu of my target. I like seeing their trails too.
[ This Message was edited by: Loyalty *TO* on 2012-02-09 07:40 ]




I agree with Def, 500gu is the range you try to stay at in a smaller ship... if its to stop that "follow the exhaust from a jump" track 1000gu will work



_________________

Names I used: Da Bes Loser, Perseverance, Loyalty.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Joined: March 23, 2010
Posts: 1187
Posted: 2012-02-09 07:46   
Quote:
On 2012-02-09 06:29, Compromisery wrote:
use the beta grant 3 times so you can enh all your 8 ships.


It's fine to update beta every time you log off to switch faction. But log off 3 times and to test the rest the same faction is totally inconvenient.

Since credit beta is freely grant in beta, why may we not get 99 999 credit? It has the same number of digit as in 20 000 ;]
_________________


Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Page created in 0.029939 seconds.


Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR