Welcome aboard Visitor...

Daily Screenshot

Server Costs Target


Target met!

Latest Topics

- Reminiscing »
- Holly Cow Its alive!! »
- Messenger Battle Chat by T-Roy! »
- Getting our Player Base back »
- Fully customizable ships? »
- First Person view is possible in DS! »
- What's with the new Metaverse? »
- Carrier default loadouts - ships w/interceptors only? »
- 01001000 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101111 »
- the mi type ships cheat »

Development Blog

- Roadmap »
- Hello strangers, it’s been a while... »
- State of DarkSpace Development »
- Potential planetary interdictor changes! »
- The Silent Cartographer »
- Cloaking update... »
- Tools for tips »
- Fleet levels and more! »
- Game Mechanics Question and Answer Thread »
- Under Construction »

Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
Kills chart
Killboard

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
08/24/19 +2.3 Days
- International Talk like a Pirate Day!
09/19/19 +27.6 Days
- Towel Day
05/25/20 +276.6 Days

Search

 

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Facebook & Twitter

Why not follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Privateering
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Privateering
Panduh
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black


Joined: June 03, 2007
Posts: 250
Posted: 2010-10-16 16:42   
What if defending against a enemy infantry on your ship netted you, say, .05 ships captured?

Or some other equally small amt of "Ships captured".

The badge is "Privateering" after all...


..in which case, renaming the stat would make sense also.

Thoughts?
_________________


JBud
Marshal

Joined: February 26, 2008
Posts: 1899
From: Behind you.
Posted: 2010-10-16 18:44   
No. Earning privateering points is not hard. Gaining points for someone else's effort seems meaningless.
_________________
[-Point Jumper-][-Privateer Elite-][-Summus Dux-][-Praeclarae-]

''Insisto Rector - Suivez le Guide - Tempus hostium est''

  Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light


Joined: June 20, 2009
Posts: 730
From: sol
Posted: 2010-10-16 19:02   
Quote:

On 2010-10-16 18:44, JBud wrote:
No. Earning privateering points is not hard. Gaining points for someone else's effort seems meaningless.




i second this movement.
_________________

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black


Joined: August 15, 2005
Posts: 2256
From: close by
Posted: 2010-10-16 19:09   
Quote:

On 2010-10-16 16:42, Panduh wrote:
What if defending against a enemy infantry on your ship netted you, say, .05 ships captured?

Or some other equally small amt of "Ships captured".

The badge is "Privateering" after all...


..in which case, renaming the stat would make sense also.

Thoughts?



when you kill off a enemy's troops you gain pres from planet damaged stat
_________________


  Email Borgie
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black


Joined: January 11, 2010
Posts: 3821
From: LobsterTown
Posted: 2010-10-17 02:28   
Quote:

On 2010-10-16 19:09, Borgie wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-10-16 16:42, Panduh wrote:
What if defending against a enemy infantry on your ship netted you, say, .05 ships captured?

Or some other equally small amt of "Ships captured".

The badge is "Privateering" after all...


..in which case, renaming the stat would make sense also.

Thoughts?



when you kill off a enemy's troops you gain pres from planet damaged stat




Mmm. Another unintended feature made standard?
_________________
... in space, no one can hear you scream.....


Pand0rum (Dragoon)
Marshal

Joined: May 06, 2007
Posts: 50
From: Arizona
Posted: 2010-10-17 10:58   
Quote:

On 2010-10-16 16:42, Panduh wrote:
What if defending against a enemy infantry on your ship netted you, say, .05 ships captured?

Or some other equally small amt of "Ships captured".

The badge is "Privateering" after all...


..in which case, renaming the stat would make sense also.

Thoughts?

Yeah. Its pretty strange. like if you have .5 SD's:)
_________________
I play every faction <3

JBud
Marshal

Joined: February 26, 2008
Posts: 1899
From: Behind you.
Posted: 2010-10-17 16:22   
Quote:

On 2010-10-17 10:58, Pand()rum. wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-10-16 16:42, Panduh wrote:
What if defending against a enemy infantry on your ship netted you, say, .05 ships captured?

Or some other equally small amt of "Ships captured".

The badge is "Privateering" after all...


..in which case, renaming the stat would make sense also.

Thoughts?

Yeah. Its pretty strange. like if you have .5 SD's:)


I'm not sure you correctly read the post.
_________________
[-Point Jumper-][-Privateer Elite-][-Summus Dux-][-Praeclarae-]

''Insisto Rector - Suivez le Guide - Tempus hostium est''

  Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Panduh
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black


Joined: June 03, 2007
Posts: 250
Posted: 2010-10-17 17:41   
Quote:

On 2010-10-16 18:44, JBud wrote:
No. Earning privateering points is not hard. Gaining points for someone else's effort seems meaningless.





Fair enough.
_________________


Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black


Joined: August 15, 2005
Posts: 2256
From: close by
Posted: 2010-10-17 21:17   
Quote:

On 2010-10-17 10:58, Pand()rum. wrote:
Yeah. Its pretty strange. like if you have .5 SD's:)




reason why some players have .5 SD's back before .483 the SD stat was reduced by half.
_________________


  Email Borgie
Eledore Massis [R33]
Fleet Admiral
Templar Knights


Idle

Joined: May 26, 2002
Posts: 2691
From: tsohlacoLocalhost
Posted: 2010-10-17 21:58   
Quote:
On 2010-10-17 21:17, Borgie wrote:
reason why some players have .5 SD's back before .483 the SD stat was reduced by half.

To bad with grouping it messed up my number, i used to have 8.5
But some idiot in my group SD'd so now i got 8.72
_________________
DS Discordion

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black


Joined: January 11, 2010
Posts: 3821
From: LobsterTown
Posted: 2010-10-17 22:34   
Heh... grouping is a good way to reduce the bad stats when you wanna do something stupid.
_________________
... in space, no one can hear you scream.....


Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights


Joined: May 11, 2010
Posts: 2039
From: Michigan
Posted: 2010-10-17 23:33   
Quote:

On 2010-10-16 18:44, JBud wrote:
No. Earning privateering points is not hard. Gaining points for someone else's effort seems meaningless.




I don't really see how it's being rewarded for someone else's effort if you have troops on your ship that kill off their boarding party.
_________________
Adapt or die.

Sauur
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves


Joined: November 30, 2004
Posts: 469
Posted: 2010-10-18 04:17   
Quote:

I don't really see how it's being rewarded for someone else's effort if you have troops on your ship that kill off their boarding party.



Agreed.

You take the time taken to load up all ur combat ships with elite troops to defend against capture as being rewarded for another's effort? It takes the defender a great deal of pre planning and time to defend against a last minute press of the 'U' key from an opponent.


_________________
[IMG]

  ICQ status
Wukong
Grand Admiral

Joined: March 12, 2007
Posts: 133
From: Tennessee
Posted: 2010-11-15 12:49   
Quote:

On 2010-10-18 04:17, Sauur wrote:
Quote:

I don't really see how it's being rewarded for someone else's effort if you have troops on your ship that kill off their boarding party.



Agreed.

You take the time taken to load up all ur combat ships with elite troops to defend against capture as being rewarded for another's effort? It takes the defender a great deal of pre planning and time to defend against a last minute press of the 'U' key from an opponent.





um all you gota do is hit L 4 times before leaving the shipyard planet. not hard.
_________________
[

ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves


Joined: March 09, 2002
Posts: 354
From: Earth
Posted: 2010-11-15 13:01   
Quote:

On 2010-11-15 12:49, Invisible wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-10-18 04:17, Sauur wrote:
Quote:

I don't really see how it's being rewarded for someone else's effort if you have troops on your ship that kill off their boarding party.



Agreed.

You take the time taken to load up all ur combat ships with elite troops to defend against capture as being rewarded for another's effort? It takes the defender a great deal of pre planning and time to defend against a last minute press of the 'U' key from an opponent.





um all you gota do is hit L 4 times before leaving the shipyard planet. not hard.





some of us take the time to train troops to become elites and not just pick them off a planet training takes patients a skill and it is not easy

sure you can just press u and get your regular troop but often they will be killed and you will still get capped...

having elites usually prevents capture


_________________
Revenge Is A Dish Best Served Cold..... It Is Very Cold.... In Space.....



  Email ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Page created in 0.018539 seconds.


Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR