||Beta support request notification
Joined: March 23, 2003
From: Bristol, England
|Posted: 2008-05-31 16:07  |
If you cannot connect to beta, or have issues running it for whatever reasons, please don't ask for help unless you have ruled out the following things on your side:
- Fully update operating system, including service packs (XP/Vista).
- Fully update currently running software (any programs that are running whilst trying to run DarkSpace - Anti Virus/Firewall/etc software).
- Fully update hardware drivers (graphics & sound card, chipset, etc)
- Run anti-virus and spyware software on your machine.
- Opened ports 9000-9100 in your Firewall software and router.
- Tried to connect to DarkSpace without the use of a router (connect directly to your modem).
If you have removed all possibility that the problem is on your end, please post your machine specifications as well as possible here, as well as a LINK to your directx diagnostic log.
To do this, go to start > run, and enter the following without quotes:
"dxdiag /x %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\DirectX.txt"
Your machine may freeze/slow down for a while whilst it scans your machine for the information we need. Once that's done, upload it somewhere, and paste the link here (not the contents of the file).
It is not our job to keep your system up-to-date.
Please help us to help you.
PaleStar don't officially offer support for players trying to run DarkSpace on Windows 9x/ME, but we will try to help where possible.
DarkSpace requires a hardware sound device to work. The game client will not launch, and crash with an error if you do not. (Chipset sound devices are counted as hardware).
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2008-05-31 16:20 ]