- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » DarkSpace Events » » [Event]Battle At Scientia
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author [Event]Battle At Scientia
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-21 22:20   
Scientia is working on a rumored shield prototype, the ICC believe that it will be stolen and would turn the tide of war. Thus, they Captured Scientia. Looking to destroy the prototype, they fitted large charges to it. These charges were drilling into the secure base on scientia where the prototype was. It would take them an hour to drill through the reinforced titanium/concrete alloy...
(Story by Deltaflyer)

Due to this the UGTO have requested help from unlikely groups The MI The Pirates and The K'Luth
so far only the K'Luth Have responded agreeing to an alliance to stop the ICC and recapture Scentia Little did the UGTO and K'Luth know that the ICC have found out about this attack and have gatherd forces at the planet to intercept the alliance

Event Time Sunday the 28th of September at 14:00 Central

Duration 1 hour

Objectives
ICC
Protect Scientia for 1hour from capture

K'Luth/UGTO
Capture Scientia within 1hour

Prizes
50 bonus pres per kill

200 bonus pres to all ICC who protected and are present during the event if scientia is not captured in 1 hour

200 bonus pres to all UGTO who are present and responsible for helping in the capture of scientia

Or
200 bonus pres to all K'Luth who are present and responsible for helping in the capture of scientia

ALL PRIZES PENDING STAFF APPROVAL

[ This Message was edited by: Admiral JBud[UAM] on 2008-09-23 23:05 ]

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2008-09-21 22:27   
Attack And Defend! I Love It!
I'm In!

gj Jbud, i think this one is gunna be another good one!

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-21 23:57   
Scientia does not develop military equipment for ICC specifically, as they are funded by both ICC and UGTO Governments...

As far as continuity goes, this event makes little sense, if I have to say. It warps Scientia into something other than what it is supposed to be.

Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-22 01:46   
The actual fiction that I gave to JBud was this:

When Scientia announced that they were working on a shield prototype, the ICC believed that it would be stolen and would turn the tide of war. Thus, they occupied Scientia. Looking to destroy the prototype, they fitted large charges to it. These charges were drilling into the secure base on scientia where the prototype was. It would take them an hour to drill through the reinforced titanium/concrete alloy...

The other two factions saw this as a breach of the Scientia defense and peace treaty. They formed a small alliance to retake scientia and defuse the ICC charges. They would then leave Scientia and form a small defensive perimeter around it.

At least... that's the written future. But future is not written. Will events follow this course? Or will the ICC win and destroy the prototype? It's up to you.

deathblave
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-22 01:51   
i support ether one sounds cool

Email deathblave
Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-09-22 02:01   
I think mine fits in with Scientia's backstory a little better though.

Tatsumasa
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2008-09-22 08:38   
Hahahaha, yall are gunna get si'ed and qsted to death, KERPLOWEE!

Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-22 09:15   
This could be very interesting.

1.) As Tat have mentioned. if ugto manages to get a fleet of SS/BS, long range qst becomes a serious threat.
2.)The same is also true if ICC could get rring of stations to phycallly blocade the planet. no bombs would be able to break through. + use of pulse waves may help def planet indefinately.

3.) steathed and ecm kluth bomber could present a a challenge to defened against.

4.) ECM/ECCM scout/frig + bomber teams, which could have sigs of up to negative 32 sig may make them impossible to target.

5.) En massed Missle dread defence could put out enough missiles that will lagge ugot and kluth players straight to desktop. Picket dressy may acturally get to do what they were made to do. point def for larger ships.

6.) since this would be a whole MV event, the possesion of Epsi. may become vital. for reinforcement.

7.) related to previous point. in absence of a shipyard in Epsi. Minelayers could mine key jump gates to lockdown system. and WH will be need to bypass them.

Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-22 09:50   
Oh just thought of 2 new points:

1.) A clear Chain-of-Command may have to be established, and Task Group Leader elected. Role division/speciallization need to be pre-set.

I.e.
ICC side:
Def Group= Fill garage will Stations, 6 stations per player. Physically blocade planet.

MD group= Siege Breakers, Attack enemy station under cover of ECM

Intercept/Strike group= AD, AC, ED, dictor. Search and destroy/First Responce. Point jump and hunt down bombers.

Ugto/Kluth side:
Siege group= Battle stations QST planet defenders.

Bomber group= feint, kamiakzee, Agi figher bomb.

ECM cover group= ECM corvetts lower sig.

Esctort group= defend bombers (formation?)

Mandi group= Pj, and kill any wounded enemy

2.) Fleet like [SA:], [FS], [VCA], need to examplify team work, and set Battle Plans.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-22 11:48   
Quote:[/small]

On 2008-09-22 01:46, -XO-Deltaflyer wrote:
The actual fiction that I gave to JBud was this:

When Scientia announced that they were working on a shield prototype, the ICC believed that it would be stolen and would turn the tide of war. Thus, they occupied Scientia. Looking to destroy the prototype, they fitted large charges to it. These charges were drilling into the secure base on scientia where the prototype was. It would take them an hour to drill through the reinforced titanium/concrete alloy...

The other two factions saw this as a breach of the Scientia defense and peace treaty. They formed a small alliance to retake scientia and defuse the ICC charges. They would then leave Scientia and form a small defensive perimeter around it.

At least... that's the written future. But future is not written. Will events follow this course? Or will the ICC win and destroy the prototype? It's up to you.

Hm, okay, that's a bit passable, I suppose. I'll lay it down flatly - Scientia are "active" pacifists, in that they do not participate in anything that could proceed the war - building shields that can be outfitted for ships would be an act of supporting the war, as there's only one faction that makes active use of shields, and shields wouldn't really bring about an ending of the war. Rather, in Scientian philosophy, improving a defensive measure will call about the improvement of an offensive measure.

If you just write it off as faulty intel from ICC, it'd still work - I mean, the pirates have thwarted Scientia before, I'd not think it below them to spread false rumors of Scientia developing shields for UGTO, and that rumor slowly becoming to be believed as "truth" and things escalating from there.

Really, you guys should join the Event Staff Planners. It'd be fun if we could write up some nice events like these! (and it'd help make everything fit into the continuity storyline, too!)

... If you can't tell, yes, I cherish Scientia as being a neutral research facility funded by both ICC and UGTO for the express purpose of developing things and indulging in research for the betterment of the human race, without advancing the cause of war. (rather, they would prefer they can concoct some way to stop the war)

[ This Message was edited by: Bardiche on 2008-09-22 11:50 ]

Latrodectus
Captain

Posted: 2008-09-22 13:43   
Im going to enjoy this. >>.<<

deathblave
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-22 14:29   
same ive followed delandos steps in getting a cain of commaned going

Email deathblave
Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-22 20:54   
will dictor use be allowed? and beacons?

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-22 21:30   
well at this point yes because no rules have been set however if u guys think they shouldnt say the word ill add it to the plan

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2008-09-22 23:59   
Im hoping that everyone plays fair and i want to try to keep this even folks
a real battle should be had here for instance if 30 people show up 15 should be on icc and the others split between k'luth and ugto.
Unfortunatly i dont think there is a way to be sure this will happen so i am hoping u will all use your Moral Judgements and switch sides if it is unfair

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024592 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR